By making a booking with Coast Boat Trips you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions during your time with us.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
The following Payments and Cancellations policy applies to all tours booked directly with Coast Boat Trips via our company website coastboattrips.com. Our website is integrated with Bookeo which we use for online bookings. We readily accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express and other major credit cards provider
RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Coast Boat Trips have taken every precaution and initiated advanced industry measures to ensure ‘Stay Safe’ sailings. Due to the current circumstances the following amendments to standard terms and conditions must be implemented.
- In addition to ‘Medical Conditions’ passengers displaying known symptoms of Coronavirus should not travel to the attraction. They should instead make immediate contact with our head office.
- In contrary to ‘Clothing and Safety Equipment’ sailing jackets and other non-essential kit are currently unavailable. Passengers should continue to dress for the weather with this in mind.
- In addition to ‘Comfort and Wellbeing’ passengers non-compliant with our Covid-19 Public Policy will not be permitted to board.
- Payment is due at the time of booking.
- All bookings are non-refundable within 48 hours of departure time. If the booking is cancelled 48 hours or more before departure time, a full refund will be granted.
- All bookings are to be made online through our website coastboattrips.com. We do not accept cash payments on site.
- A minimum of 6 passengers is required for each sailing. If this minimum is not met we will contact you giving as much notice as possible and offering an alternative date/time or a full refund.
- The minimum age requirement of our passengers is 3 years old.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Coast Boat Trips operates, however we are at the mercy of the weather and sea conditions. Coast Boat Trips reserve the right to cancel or move your booking at any time. In the event of such cancellation, Coast Boat Trips will fully refund any passenger whose ride is cancelled, the cost of the booking, but otherwise shall have no liability, including for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation.
- Coast Boat Trips cannot be held responsible for weather conditions during your trip. Without exception poor weather will not be deemed a valid reason to authorise relocation of any booking.
In the unlikely event that the vessel has to make an emergency return to the dock (or any other along route) Coast Boat Trips will refund to the appropriate rate.
- All prices are in pounds sterling, VAT is included.
- Coast Boat Trips reserve the right, where necessary to deviate from a vessel?s planned route. Please be aware that weather and sea conditions can cause delays or alterations to the publicised route, where possible customers will be advised of any changes prior to sailing.
- All passengers should arrive at the allocated spot 30 mins prior to departure time. Please be aware that our boats pick up from varying locations in the harbour so once checked-in and dressed in your wet weather gear, you may be required to walk for 5 minutes to meet your boat. If you miss your scheduled departure you will not be eligible for a later booking or refund. If you are not present upon check-in for your pre-booked departure time our boarding team will endeavour to contact you, please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone number that your lead passenger will have with them on the booking day.
- Coast Boat Trips will prioritise all customers against their booking times and never allow late running customers to have an impact on later departure times. Coast Boat Trips are not responsible for factors out of our control, for example; late running commuter services, traffic or parking difficulties (this is not an exhaustive list).
- Breakdowns occur from time to time. In the event of a breakdown during a passage any action taken is at the sole discretion of the skipper.
- Passenger relocations or good will gestures will be reviewed on a ?case by case? basis by the office team once the nature of the breakdown and its impact on the trip have been fully established.
- Where Coast Boat Trips work with third party operators in any joint, public or add-on experience package only elements under Coast Boat Trips express control are guaranteed for delivery by Coast Boat Trips. Partner and public experiences are the responsibility of the third-party supplier, as such their terms and conditions apply.
- Refunds may be issued in extenuating circumstances at the complete discretion of Coast Boat Trips. All requests must be in writing and will be investigated on a case-by-case basis.
Medical Conditions & Pregnancy:
- The decision to sail and the consequences of doing so are entirely at the passenger?s own risk. Coast Boat Trips does not accept any liability for personal injury, or injury to others and/or loss or damage.
- Without exception, expectant mothers are not permitted on-board at any stage of their pregnancy.
- Coast Boat Trips advises you NOT to travel if you have any historical or current back/bone conditions or complaints. Be advised the ocean is an ever-changing environment and the vessel may be subject to unpredictable movements. We simply advise you do not travel with us.
- All boats can experience unpredictable movements that could aggravate existing medical conditions or disabilities. You MUST inform us of any relevant medical conditions or disabilities during your trip induction.
Clothing and Safety Equipment:
- Coast Boat Trips recommend your party to ?dress for the weather? bearing in mind it is usually cooler at sea compared to the shore side. All passengers should arrive in suitable attire which will not be damaged by exposure to sea water or sunlight.
- Coast Boat Trips will make every effort to protect passenger?s possessions from getting wet whilst at sea. However, it is possible that passengers will experience ocean spray or in some cases water on the deck. Coast Boat Trips cannot take responsibility for any item of luggage or clothing damaged in these circumstances.
- Each guest in your party will be offered a sailing jacket and waterproof trousers which they may or may not wish to wear. Life jackets are provided and MUST be worn at all times. Your guide will give a full safety briefing which will include full instruction on the inflation of life jackets in the event of an emergency.
- Please note if life jackets are manually inflated and/or damaged with intent and where no emergency has taken place, as lead name on the booking you will be charged ?50.00 per jacket.
- All wet weather and safety equipment must be returned to Coast Boat Trips at the end of your experience with us. Coast Boat Trips will consider any items removed from the boarding area or vessel as stolen and issue a payment request to the lead passenger as a direct result.
- Coast Boat Trips accepts no responsibility if any personal belongings are damaged, lost or stolen at any time whilst on the pier.
Comfort and wellbeing:
- It is prohibited to take onto the vessel any weapons including fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, flammable liquids or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article from vessels is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the vessel itself and on the boarding platform leading to the vessel.
- Passengers deemed intoxicated will be denied entry at the complete discretion of Coast Boat Trips.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from Coast Boat Trips?s negligence, Coast Boat Trips its employees shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any cruise undertaken and/or during evacuation from the vessel in the event of breakdown or accident.
- Children are deemed to be 14 years and younger, any person with a child ticket must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- We cannot take wheelchairs on-board our vessels, however disabled guests are welcomed but should be advised will need to come out of their chair (with their carer’s assistance) to board the vessel and must be able to sit unaided on-board. Our crew will assist where possible but unfortunately cannot carry guests on-board.
Private Transfers and Charters:
- All vessels will be hired on a ?Private Charter? basis. The maximum number of guests allowed per boat is twelve or 12.
- A vessel may only be privately chartered by persons aged 18 years or over.
- Coast Boat Trips are able to suggest approximate timings based on the logistics of your booking, however, there are some elements out of our control so we kindly recommend you contact all other event organisers and transport providers to check your specific timings independently. Coast Boat Trips will be held responsible for their service only.
- From time to time Coast Boat Trips or other authorised parties will carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the vicinity of the vessel which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that Coast Boat Trips or any authorised party may use such images in any promotional advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Coast Boat Trips or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- Where customers request our crew to use their camera/recording equipment TR will not be liable for any damage incurred as a result.
- Gift vouchers can be purchased on an individual or charter basis for any experience either online or over the telephone.
- Vouchers purchased at full RRP are valid for twelve months from the date of issue, both booking and sailing date should be within the redemption period.
- Ensure to redeem and pre-book voucher online or by telephone to avoid disappointment. Please note that Coast Boat Trips does not run all year round.
Complaints and Feedback:
- Any passenger complaints should be brought to the attention of the crew on the day of your booking. Following this, any further complaint should be put in to writing no less than seven days following your experience to [email protected]
- Compliments and general feedback will be gratefully accepted to the same email address.
- Coast Boat Trips endeavours to respond to your correspondence within 72 hours, however, on occasion and where an internal investigation is necessary this can take longer.